This week's topic is Top Ten Bookish/Bloggish Resolutions, which calls for bloggers/readers from all walks of the blogosphere to list ten things they resolve to do concerning their reading/blogging life.
1) To be less concerned with my follower count -I think every blogger at some point or another starts getting anxious about their follower count when they see how other blogs basking in success. I've noticed myself slipping into that, so my focus right now is not to let myself obsess over it and continue blogging for me and the enjoyment of others who happen upon Paranormal Indulgence.
2) Refrain from scheduling all future reads -I'm usually a spontaneous book blogger as far as posting goes. But, sometimes, when the planets and stars align themselves, I plan ahead. But, I've noticed that planning what I'm going to read in advance kinda takes away from the enjoyment. So, rather than plan specifically what my next read is going to be, instead I'm going to plan to read a book each day.
3) Completing the challenges I've entered into -I'm actually working on a challenges page to display the challenges I'm partaking in... I most especially want to complete Goodreads 2011 Reading Challenge which I've signed up with a goal of 150 books to read this year. Status: 2/150 books, 1%
4) Be more socially active in the blogosphere -I need to comment more and be more proactive about checking out other blogs. How can I ever expect to make new friends?
5) Get a professionally finished, paid layout -Hopefully I'll save some money to pay for a new layout, professionally and stylishly designed.
6) Hopefully, try again to purchase a domain name for the blog -After the bad incident I had when I tried to purchase one, I'm surprised that I still want to try it again, but I do. Doesn't www.paranormalindulgence.com have a nice ring to it?
7) Read more YA historical romance -After The Vespertine I want to delve into YA historical romance/fiction more often. Hopefully all of 'em have some qualities similar to The Vespertine.
8) Find a source of income to purchase new books -I want to find a job and buy my own books without relying on other means to get them. How nice would it be to purchase more books in the month?
9) Get better at tackling my ever growing reading list -I wish I more time in the day to read more! I love snuggling up in my covers and just reading 'til the day is done, or near done. And I don't get to do that anymore. *sigh* Hopefully, that'll change.
10) Continue to keep to my personality when writing my reviews and other blog posts -I don't want to shift into stiff mode and sound boring. I'd like to continue writing entertaining reviews.
Thanks for reading!
What do you have to say to that?
Tune in at 5:00 PM EST for a character interview with Death from Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler!