There are many ways to turn your passion for cooking and nutrition into a meaningful, 成功的职业. As a student in Bastyr’s 营养学理学学士学位 and 烹饪艺术 program, you’ll learn whole-food nutrition and food science, while also developing the culinary skills you need to create meals that are superior in both taste and therapeutic nourishment.
- 不同的类. With courses such as Writing for Food and Health, 烹饪示范, Ecological Aspects of 营养 and the Business of Cooking, Bastyr's hands-on curriculum prepares you for a diversity of careers.
- 治疗方法. Our culinary arts program teaches the healing aspects of food – and it is the only culinary arts program to award a Bachelor of Science degree.
- 身临其境的学习空间. Develop your skills in a fully equipped whole-food nutrition kitchen. Also, enjoy access to the herbal and culinary gardens at our 华盛顿 campus.
- 充满激情的老师. The Department of 营养 and 烹饪艺术 教师 draw from a wide base of knowledge and expertise as established chefs, 注册营养师, 和营养学家.
- 状态的经验. 作为一门选修课 quilliscut农场学校课程, an exclusive, week-long farm-to-table experience at a partner farm in western 华盛顿.
- 多元化的学生群体. Bastyr students draw from across the United States and over 25 other countries.
位于太平洋西北部的中心地带, Bastyr’s expansive Seattle-area campus provides a serene, natural environment for students to deepen their health 教育. Our campus is located in the Seattle suburb of 肯,华盛顿, and encompasses 51 acres along the shore of Lake 华盛顿.
在imsport体育下载西雅图校区, you’ll enjoy dynamic classroom environments and unique facilities for 研究, 实验室和临床经验. Our campus location also affords you easy access to the rich cultural experiences of the Seattle metropolitan area and unlimited exposure to the natural wonders of the Puget Sound region.
The 营养学理学学士学位 and 烹饪艺术 is a bachelor’s degree completion program, specifically developed for students who have already started their undergraduate degree. Entering students will have completed the equivalent of two years of college coursework before enrolling. Bastyr enrolls new degree-seeking students for the Fall Quarter entry.
Bastyr’s innovative 营养学理学学士学位 and 烹饪艺术 program provides students with an in-depth knowledge of food, 营养物质, 解剖学, 生理学, 生物化学与食品科学. This foundation in science is complemented by coursework that leads to a mastery of culinary skills. 参考imsport体育下载的 课程设置表 for the number of credits per course, course hours and lecture hours each week.
Classes in areas such as menu design and therapeutic cooking spark and feed creativity, giving students an opportunity to use their senses and intuition under the guidance of experienced 教师. Expected learning outcomes of graduates can be found in the 课程目录.
Completion of the equivalent of two years of college coursework
Grade of C or better in all basic proficiency and science requirement courses
90个季度学分(60个学期学分), including a minimum number of credits in the basic proficiency, 科学和通识教育类别
There is a custom track option for our 烹饪艺术 program that will set you up for success in applying for one of our graduate school options. Completion of the track is not a commitment to graduate school, but it can open opportunities for you if and when you are interested in joining a graduate program. Our graduate programs would allow you to be licensed as a nutrition specialist and work in clinical care, 研究, 教育, 和更多的. Please reach out to 招生 if this is something you're interested in, as it might alter your pre-requisite requirements slightly.